UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS on your social bookmarking website

Go down
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:51 am
WEDNESDAY

Please scroll down to view news items posted during the course of the day

News -
Putin attacked Ukrainians 9 times yesterday. Update - at 13.00 - 0 dead. 2 wounded.
I read this morning of one Russian mercenarry detained at a checkpoint. Turned out he was from Yakutia.
That is a long long long way away. I wonder what he thinks now of Putin's mad propaganda. Or maybe he is very stupid.
Jewish memorial in Kiev - Babi Yar - set on fire last night. I've been there. It's metal, if I remember right. .. I think likely a provocation. Super for Shaun Walker and the "British journalists". They will happily troll the words "Ukrainian nazis" all day....

Weather -
Should be a beautiful day. Some cloud. Warm. Highs in the low to mid 20s.

Footie -
Shakhtar. Lost 4-0. I watched the first half. They played very well to be honest. It should have been 0-0 at half time.
But the Shakhtar goaly made a bad bad mistake to allow the first goal just before the break.
Today - Dynamo play.

Elections -
Local elections in 6 weeks' time. I saw an interview on tv with an old guy. He said - suddenly near election time they start working - resurfacing the road, repairing the water pipes, and then... after the elections - nothing. And guess what - he is right. Outside my window - just done some resurfacing. And seen a big crane go past. (not the feathered variety).

Last edited by Nelson on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:51 am; edited 4 times in total
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Terrorists are chaotic and try to provoke ATO forces; - 9 attacks yesterday, - headquarters (Tsenzor.Net)

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:53 am
7:32
http://censor.net.ua/news/352104/terroristy_vedut_haotichnyyi_i_provokatsionnyyi_ogon_po_silam_ato_9_obstrelov_za_sutki_shtab
"At the end of the day yesterday the situation in the area remained stable ATO. Pro-Russian gangs continued sporadic shelling of Ukrainian products. However, in general it was a chaotic and provocative fire" - said in it.
Almost at 19:00 near the village of Crimea in Luhansk on the outpost of Ukrainian troops enemy sniper shot and at about 21:00...
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty In the Donetsk region detained a Russian citizen who came to fight from Yakutia (New time)

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:57 am
7:03
http://nv.ua/ukr/ukraine/events/u-donetskij-oblasti-zatrimali-rosijanina-jakij-prijihav-vojuvati-z-jakutiji-68951.html
===
From Sakha.
That's a journey - as the crow flies - of 3000 miles / 5000 km to get to Moscow first. Shorter going from Kiev to New Delhi in India!
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Journalist on the crisis in the Verkhovna Rada: Brothel ceases to generate income (New Region)

Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:16 am
8:05
http://nr2.com.ua/News/politics_and_society/ZHurnalist-o-krizise-v-Verhovnoy-Rade-Bordel-perestaet-prinosit-dohody-106208.html
====
Normally Ukrainian Deputies in the Rada would expect a "bonus" for voting with the government.
Perhaps a bribe of a few thousand dollars. Apparently this is no longer the case, so they are not very happy.

And yes, the headline is correct. You can see several words from English or French -
Журналист о кризисе в Верховной Раде: Бордель перестает приносить доходы
Journalist  - - - crisis - - - - - - - Rada - - bordel
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Meeting of Parliament: "The Living Corpse" coalition and the resignation of the sunken (Segodnya.ua)

Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:32 am
8:10
http://www.segodnya.ua/politics/pnews/rada-zhivoy-trup-koalicii-i-provalennye-otstavki-649824.html
Yesterday deputies did not work very well. Despite a heavy agenda, almost all the morning session failed voting, but in the evening a number of social laws still accepted.
====
Quite a long article. Not bad.
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Finding Putin’s Dead Soldiers in Ukraine [English]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:44 am
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/16/finding-putin-s-dead-soldiers-in-ukraine.html
An exclusive excerpt from a new report shows how Russia has covered up its dirty war in Eastern Europe.
On September 17, The Interpreter, a special project of the Institute of Modern Russia, will be presenting “An Invasion by Any Other Name: The Kremlin’s Dirty War in Ukraine,” an in-depth forensic accounting of evidence showing Russian weaponry and Russian soldiers in combat in the occupied regions east Ukraine.

====
In this excerpt, suggests "an entire company of Pskov paratroopers was reported to have been killed fighting in Ukraine in August, Pskovskaya Guberniya and Slon.ru reported on September 2. ... contacted by other paratroopers ..... The soldiers on the tape claimed that only 10 men had survived out of 80 and that as many as 140 could have died."
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty UPDATE 1-Ukraine expects new gas deal with Russia by end of next week [English]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:59 am
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/15/ukraine-crisis-gas-idUSL5N11L39I20150915
(Reuters) - Ukraine expects to reach a new winter gas deal with Moscow by the end of the next week, its energy minister said on Tuesday, adding that he saw $220 per 1,000 cubic metres as an acceptable price for supplies from Russia....
Ukrainian Energy Minister, Volodymyr Demchyshyn, said ...
He said the price agreed in a 2009 deal with Russian state gas producer Gazprom, of $252 per 1,000 cubic metres, no longer reflected market prices.

====
As I understand it, the Russians want a price of 252. The Ukrainians, 220.
Put Tymoshenko in as PM, and she will agree to 400 - no problem. And the Kyivpost will wax lyrical about her, with a special by Taras Kuzio!
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Will Putin Exchange Donbass for Syria? (Op-Ed) [Engl]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:21 am
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opinion/article/will-putin-exchange-donbass-for-syria-op-ed/530897.html
Because Assad carries out massive air strikes against residential areas occupied by the “opposition,” the West views him as the main culprit behind the suffering and deaths of civilians. That prompts the logical conclusion that, by helping the Assad regime, Russia is only exacerbating the humanitarian crisis in Syria and not contributing to its resolution....
The average Russian is tired of hearing about Ukraine. Events in so-called “Novorossia” have clearly lost their former importance and drama. If control over the Russian-Ukrainian border in the Donbass were to pass into Kiev’s hands tomorrow, Russian public opinion would not react, save for a few jingoistic bloggers.
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Ukrainians Impatient With Pace of Reforms [Engl]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:31 am
http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/blog/alexander-j-motyl/ukrainians-impatient-pace-reforms
Ukrainians are angry. The standard refrains are that there are no reforms and that Ukraine is worse off than it used to be....
....The good news is that the macro-economy has been stabilized and some economic growth looks likely. The semi-good news is that communicating with folks isn’t rocket science: all the more reason to wonder why the president and prime minister don’t have an occasional borscht with the regular folk.
Fixing the state apparatus will be hardest. I know from my experience with university administrations that they are corrupt, nepotistic, bloated, and resistant to change. If changing them is hard, imagine how much harder changing the apparatus of a large country must be.

===
Quite a critical article, but, on the other hand, quite realistic. But then - Ukraine is fighting a war against Russia, and you can't expect paradise in the near future - a big driving force, I am sure, in Putin's continued plan of destabilization.
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Russia may concede on Syria for free hand in Ukraine — analysts [Engl]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:35 am
http://euromaidanpress.com/2015/09/14/russia-may-concede-on-syria-for-free-hand-in-ukraine-analysts/
The pessimistic view of Russia’s intentions is seconded by Russian military expert  Pavel Felgenhauer , who believes the huge Russian tank army that Putin has been supporting for more than two years indicates that Russia is preparing for war in Ukraine...
Felgenhauer also thinks any assumptions that Russia will now concentrate on Syria are mistaken since Ukraine is many times more important than Syria for the Russian Federation....
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Corbyn needs to grow up on NATO and Russia [English]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:51 am
https://europesfringe.wordpress.com/2015/09/15/corbyn-needs-to-grow-up-on-nato-and-russia/
...Russia has been able to assemble support for its policies in Ukraine from a remarkable range of allies, from anti-austerity protesters in Greece, to Catalan nationalists, to UKIP and the Front National. Tellingly, it is the same line repeated in Kremlin media such as Russia Today and by armies of online trolls on any article concerning Russia. ...
Another inconsistency is Corbyn’s dismissive stance on the Budapest Memorandum. He favours scrapping the UK’s Trident nuclear deterrent yet fails to stick up for a country that undertook the single biggest nuclear disarmament programme in history,...
By letting a Kremlin regime whose actions have led to at least 7000 deaths in Ukraine and who is supporting Assad in Syria off the hook, he is doing little to stop wars, and everything to encourage them.
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Russia Using Syria to Overshadow Ukraine, Analysts Say [Engl]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:59 am
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russia-using-syria-to-overshadow-ukraine-analysts-say/530791.html
The recent flood of media reports claiming that Russia is boosting its military presence in Syria has detracted international attention from the Ukraine conflict in what analysts say is likely a deliberate ploy on Moscow's part.
This month, for the first time since 2013, the topic of Russia-Syria has firmly overshadowed that of Russia-Ukraine both on Google Trends and Twitter activity graphs.

====
detracted international attention from
Detract, or distract? Personally I would use the latter term. Or perhaps both! Debatable.
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty I didn't make it up - Shaun Walker

Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:24 am
I wrote this on Monday, News in brief
Walker - looks like the Russiaprofile reporter is in Kiev. Bad news. Expect an article in the Guardian about one or more of -
a) Ukrainian fascists, b) Ukrainian nazis, c) Pravi sector - Svoboda attacking jews in Uman? .... or something else bad about Ukraine.

Why would Walker come to Ukraine? He knows that there will be a good story - in this case, Jews and things Jewish being attacked.
Today - I read that the Jewish memorial in Kiev was attacked last night. Putin - Russian provocations? Could be.
Walker is a Putin butt-kisser. Which of my options did he choose? He went for option c) He went to Uman. ....

Techno, parties and prayer – celebrating Rosh Hashanah in Ukraine
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/15/rosh-hashanah-ukraine-antisemitism

Notice how the article is catalogued - rosh-hashanah-ukraine-antisemitism
Are we not surprised from Walker. Putin-Kremlin apologist if ever there was one.

“Every year there are problems; there is antisemitism,” said Baruch Fichman, the president of the Ukrainian League against Antisemitism. ...
Uman is not the only Ukrainian town to experience religious intolerance. There were reports that in the early hours of Monday morning at Babi Yar, the site of a Nazi massacre of more than 30,000 Jews during the second world war near Kiev, the Menorah monument was burned using petrol and tyres...

===
Notice also, in his article, how Walker uses the words Ukraine and nazi / antisemitic sparingly BUT in the same sentences together. Walker is pure vomit.
For more on Walker, read
Journalists reporting on Ukraine - the good, the bad, and the ugly
https://ukraine-english-news.forumotion.com/t1118-journalists-reporting-on-ukraine-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly

Last edited by Nelson on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Odessite
Odessite
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Re: Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:35 am
Nelson wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/15/ukraine-crisis-gas-idUSL5N11L39I20150915
(Reuters) - Ukraine expects to reach a new winter gas deal with Moscow by the end of the next week, its energy minister said on Tuesday, adding that he saw $220 per 1,000 cubic metres as an acceptable price for supplies from Russia....
Ukrainian Energy Minister, Volodymyr Demchyshyn, said ...
He said the price agreed in a 2009 deal with Russian state gas producer Gazprom, of $252 per 1,000 cubic metres, no longer reflected market prices.

====
As I understand it, the Russians want a price of 252. The Ukrainians, 220.
Put Tymoshenko in as PM, and she will agree to 400 - no problem. And the Kyivpost will wax lyrical about her, with a special by Taras Kuzio!

On the nail, Nellie. That is exactly how things would pan out should, God in Heaven above, the braided witch ever become PM again. She ruined Ukraine, aided by Yushenko and together with Yanukovych and the "family". At $450 she was looking for praise - $220 is less than half of that and even less with inflation.

I find it inconceivable that the original $450 was a reflection of market prices and was more likely some arrangement between several parties to skim off the excesses paid.
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty

Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:50 am
Yup.. I just found this old article.... Well - not that old, December 17, 2013, the time of the Maidan protests, and subsequent massacre.

Putin Pledges Billions, Cheaper Gas To Yanukovych
http://www.rferl.org/content/ukraine-protests-yanukovych-moscow/25203138.html
Putin said the price of gas supplies to Ukraine would be cut by about one-third to $268.5 per 1,000 cubic meters, from about $400.

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] The2dictators

[Photo is dated Dec 17 also.
And this photo a few years' earlier... ]

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] The2oligarchs

Ukraine-Russia gas deal: Tymoshenko's biggest bet
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/11/us-ukraine-tymoshenko-gas-idUSTRE79A4AV20111011
After refusing Gazprom's offer to buy gas at $250 per thousand cubic meters (tcm) as too expensive, Ukraine agreed to a price formula that used $450 per tcm as the basis for calculations, with adjustments for global oil product prices.
According to a June 2009 U.S. Department of State cable published by anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks, a World Bank official said in a conversation with a U.S. diplomat that "Russia had a great deal."
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Russia in 'information war' with West to win hearts and minds [Engl]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:21 am
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34248178
The crisis in Ukraine has unleashed what some see as a new bout of information warfare between Russia and the West....
In 2015, Russia significantly increased its spending on RT. The channel's budget rose 75%, to 20.8bn roubles (around £202m; $300m).
The other arm of the Kremlin's international media operation, the news agency Rossiya Segodnya (Russia Today), also got a big rouble boost. It now gets the equivalent of $89m....
Moreover, RT is losing out to one of its main international rivals, Al-Jazeera English (AJE). In June 2012, it was marginally outperforming AJE. Now it gets less than half the audience of the Qatar-owned channel.
But RT will draw some comfort from the election of Jeremy Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party. Mr Corbyn has in the past expressed approval of RT and has made numerous appearances on the channel.

===
Not bad from the bbc. But not from their Moscow correspondent, Rainsford.

Last edited by Nelson on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Cristiano Ronaldo hits hat-trick in Real Madrid rout of Shakhtar Donetsk [Engl]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:30 am
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/15/real-madrid-shakhtar-donetsk-champions-league-match-report
.... Stepanenko was then handed his marching orders after a late challenge on Ramos.
Things got from bad to worse for the visitors as the referee awarded Real a penalty even though Ronaldo’s goalbound shot came off the back of the Shakhtar captain Darijo Srna....

[Just to show that not everything is bad in The Guardian. Very Happy Article NOT by Shaun Walker. ]
====
Remember Dynamo play today against Porto. 21.45 Choice of two games. Football 1 or Fooball 2 channels -
http://footballua.tv/schedule/

Динамо — Порту. Лига Чемпионов УЕФА. 1 тайм or Рома — Барселона. Лига Чемпионов УЕФА. 1 тайм
Dynamo - Porto - and, at the same time - Roma - Barcelona
Spoilt for choice. I suppose I could go to the game in Kiev! Still time... mmm...
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Yesterday in the area ATO wounded two soldiers - Staff

Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:49 am
http://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2015/09/16/7081512/
Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 12:44
The last day in the area of anti-terrorist operation passed without loss, two soldiers injured.
This at a traditional briefing on Wednesday, spokesman for the Presidential Administration Andriy Lysenko ATO.
"The dead are not, wounding two soldiers," - said Lysenko.
Ukrainian Pravda
[complete article]
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Operation Yakunin Goes Off The Rails [Engl]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:59 am
http://www.rferl.org/content/operation-yakunin-goes-off-the-rails/27249927.html
Ever since Vladimir Yakunin resigned as head of Russian Railways in August,...
Yakunin announced today that he wasn't interested in the new job the Kremlin had lined up for him: a seat in the Federation Council, the upper chamber of Russia's parliament, representing Kaliningrad.
Few expected someone of Yakunin's stature -- someone who has been personally close to Putin for decades -- to settle for being a run-of-the-mill lawmaker....
It's hard to look at all this and not come to the conclusion that Yakunin is either leaving or being banished from the "collective Putin," the dozen or so insiders who rule Russia.
And that is a very big deal....
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Hasidic Jews Celebrate New Year In Ukraine [Engl]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:03 am
http://www.rferl.org/media/photogallery/ukraine-kyiv--uman/27249674.html
====
Nice photo report. Good photos )
Not by Shaun Walker from Moscow, so - no mention of "nazis", no mention of "anti-semitic", etc etc.
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty The splendor of our native land. Wikipedia define the best nature photos of Ukraine

Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:19 am
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Activist fined for repost quote about Putin [Ru source]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:29 am
http://yodnews.ru/news/2015/09/15/repost
In Krasnodar, was sentenced to a fine in the amount of 100 thousand rubles resident activist Sergei Titarenko for repost of a message on "VKontakte" of President Vladimir Putin. This he told the publication "ATS-Info".
Titarenko for several months in prison in connection with the amount of the fine - it was reduced by half.
The grounds for a criminal case was the link to a group in a social network message with the text of Vladimir Putin under the title "No dictator - no problem" which Titarenko posted on his page on the social network.

===========
More here, including the indictment
https://ovdinfo.org/express-news/2015/09/15/krasnodarskiy-aktivist-oshtrafovan-na-100-tysyach-za-repost
===========

Russia today... inching closer to North Korea.
If we called Obama or Cameron a dictator in our own countries - no problem. But in Russia...  
That place is becoming more dangerous by the day. Forget free speech. .. 1984 revisited. ..  

Fine - 1 pound is about 100 roubles. So 100 thousand rubles is one thousand pounds. wow... quite a big fine.

Last edited by Nelson on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Terrorists have declared the end of hostilities in the Donbas (Columnist)

Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:49 am
14:27
http://obozrevatel.com/crime/10723-terroristyi-zayavili-ob-okonchanii-boevyih-dejstvij-na-donbasse.htm
The conflict in the pro-Russian terrorists occupied the Donets Basin came to the end of the active phase.
This was announced on Wednesday, September 16, Chairman of the "National Council" DNI "Denis Pushilin, said" Donetsk News Agency. "
"In fact, we already see the end of hostilities, direct clashes," - he stressed.

====
But with madman Putin you simply never know.
A little diversion in Syria, and then... 500 tanks head towards Kiev. It is possible. The guy is clearly insane.
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Ukraine Lobbies Lawmakers With Debt Vote Said at Risk of Failing [Engl]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:19 am
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-16/ukraine-said-to-lobby-lawmakers-on-concern-over-debt-vote
There are risks that the legislation will fail, according to a person familiar with the restructuring, who asked not to be named because the details are private. Another person familiar with the situation put the chances of approval at 50-50.
Rejection of the debt pact would risk complicating Ukraine’s default and its $17.5 billion bailout from the International Monetary Fund, which set restructuring as a condition for the aid.

====
This would be perfect for Putin. Mega-instability.
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Four Russians were sent to prison for the words "Glory to Ukraine" (Segodnya.ua)

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:26 am
http://www.segodnya.ua/world/chetyreh-rossiyan-otpravili-v-koloniyu-za-nadpis-slava-ukraine-650081.html
Two were sentenced to prison terms of two to two and a half years in a penal colony, two more - a restriction of freedom for a term of one year and two months and a half years.
===
Painted Lenin blue and yellow. Novosibirsk.
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Zakharchenko said to hold "elections" in the occupied territories on October 18 (Gordonua.com)

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:33 am
16:16
http://gordonua.com/news/war/Zaharchenko-zayavil-o-provedenii-vyborov-na-okkupirovannyh-territoriyah-18-oktyabrya-98126.html
Because of "lack of funds" the so-called "elections" will take place in several stages and be completed next year, said the leader of the militants, "DNR" Alexander Zakharchenko...
The leader of the militants, "DNR" Alexander Zakharchenko signed a decree on "elections to local self-government" on 18 October.
Reported mouthpiece of terrorists so-called "Donetsk news agency."
According to him, in the occupied territories of Lugansk region "Elections" will hold a November 1st.
He said that due to "lack of funds" the so-called "elections" will take place in several stages and be completed next year.

===
Shaun Walker style elections. One gun. 10,000 votes. Walker's "DNR guys" - as he calls them.
I presume Putin will argue that the elections are held under Ukrainian laws...
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Kremlin sends monthly DNR militants $ 37 million - Bloomberg

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:39 am
Кремль ежемесячно передает боевикам ДНР $37 млн - Bloomberg
http://www.pravda.com.ua/rus/news/2015/09/16/7081548/?attempt=1
The leaders of the so-called "DNR" receive monthly from the Kremlin 2.5 billion rubles (about $ 37 million at current exchange rates of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation).
It is reported by Bloomberg, referring to the statements themselves militants.
Calling the specific sources of funding they refuse, but the fact of financial support confirmed.
The existence of the group "DNI" is now completely dependent on the support of the Kremlin, for which established the so-called "central bank".
Militants also taken money from the business tax under the guise of Donbass, and these funds are also coming in the "Central Bank".
Steering this structure Irina Nikitina says that the collapse of the ruble and the fall of the Russian economy did not affect the financial support to militants.
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Russia derail the peace process create fake elections in Donbass - Turchinov (MFN) 16:39

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:46 am
16:40
http://nbnews.com.ua/ru/news/161075/
"The elections in some regions of Donetsk and Lugansk regions could take place only after the withdrawal of the occupying Russian forces from these territories, restore our control overseas release of captured government agencies and enterprises and the creation of conditions to meet the requirements of ODIHR OSCE," - said Mr. Turchynov .
He recalled that under the Minsk Agreement, elections should be held only by the Ukrainian legislation and under the control of the Ukrainian authorities.
"Provocation of the Russian Federation under the name of" the next elections in the occupied territory "again give birth to a dead end situation, and clearly demonstrate the desire of Russia to disrupt the peace and reintegration plan for the liberation of the occupied part of Donbass", - said the secretary of the NSDC.
As reported by BNN, the head of the "Donetsk People's Republic" Alexander Zakharchenko signed a "decree" to hold "elections" to the "local authorities" on 18 October.
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Sighting of R-166-0.5 signals vehicle affirms inflow of Russian military into Syria [Engl]

Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:57 am
https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2015/09/16/sighting-of-r-166-0-5-signals-vehicle-affirms-inflow-of-russian-military-into-syria/
....The true extent of Russia’s commitment in aiding the regime was further revealed by the frequent transits of a large number of Russian landing ships bound for Syria through the strait of Bosphorus along with at least fifteen flights made by Russian Air Force An-124s strategic airlifters to Lattakia. These ships and aircraft brought large numbers of vehicles, equipment and personnel to Syria. In order to house the Russian contingent, Hmeemeem/Bassel al-Assad IAP has been turned into a Russian military base and is currently being reconstructed to allow the deployment of land and air assets.
Newly published images showing a Russian R-166-0.5 (ultra) high-frequency signals (HF/VHF) vehicle driving through Syria’s coastal region now leaves little to no doubt on Russia’s intentions in Syria. The R-166-0.5 provides jam-resistant voice and data communications over a long range, enabling Russian troops to communicate with their bases in the coastal strongholds of Tartus and Lattakia while operating far inland....

===
At least the Russian's aren't denying their involvement in Syria, unlike their lies in Ukraine.
And I presume, even to this day, scumballs Lavrov and Cherkin still blatantly lie about Russian involvement in Ukraine.
Admin
Admin
Administrator
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Russian general reports to Kremlin about invasion of Ukraine

Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:20 am
The Ukrainian side has documentary evidence of how Russia' s Chief of General Staff Valery Gerasimov reports to the Kremlin on the implementation of military operations in the occupied Crimea and subsequent military actions in Ukraine's east.

That's according to the chief military prosecutor of Ukraine Anatoly Matios.

"I will say this for the first time but we have documentary evidence of the technical report done by the Chief of General Staff to the Kremlin about the accomplishment of military operations in Crimea, and subsequent warfare", - Matios said at Radio Vesti's studio........

uatoday.tv
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Ukraine Front Line Quiet: Is Putin winding down war in Donbas?

Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:24 am
Relative quiet on Ukraine's eastern front. Militant forces fired on government-controlled positions fewer than 10 times overnight into Wednesday morning. Most was provocative fire, the military says.

The situation has stabilized significantly since representatives from Russia, Ukraine and the OSCE met in Minsk late last month – some political analysts say it proves Moscow is pulling the strings in the Donbas region.

These Ukrainian troops cook under the open sky near the trenches. They have time – there haven't been any attacks on their position recently.

‘Fox', Ukrainian soldier: "Honestly speaking, it seems to me that it's not only us who is tired but also those who stand on the other side. Noboby wants this war, everyone wants peace, wants to go home to see their families and wives"

Read also
No shelling on western outskirts of Donetsk for the first time in almost 1.5 years

To read further go to this link: uatoday.tv
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Council terminated the agreement with Russia on construction units of the Khmelnitsky NPP

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:28 pm
Parliament suspended the agreement between the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and the Government of the Russian Federation on cooperation in construction of power units №3 and №4 Khmelnitsky NPP.

According to a law voted 234 MP, "Interfax-Ukraine".

Decisions had to be taken, because Russia is not fulfilling its obligations under the agreement, said Deputy Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Alexander Svetelyk.

He said that the agreement was signed by the governments of Ukraine and Russia on June 9, 2010 and ratified by the Verkhovna Rada on January 12 2011.

Also parliamentarians 230 votes supported the law on the recognition that the law "On location, design and construction of power units №3 and №4 Khmelnitsky nuclear power plant" suspended.

Recall that the Kyiv has repeatedly stated its intention to abandon cooperation with Russia in the construction of reactors Khmelnitsky NPP.

Yes, Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk in October 2014 put "Energoatom" objectives accelerate the completion of units with European partners.

It should be noted that the agreement with Russia provided Ukraine that the Russian side will provide funding for the construction of power units in volume.

However, in 2011 "Energoatom" stated that he was not satisfied with the proposed "Sberbank of Russia" conditions for the loan, including the interest rate is high. In the initial proposal of the Russian side spoke about state and not a commercial loan that provides a lower interest rate.

gazeta.ua In Ukrainian
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Zakharchenko appointed separately from the Ukraine elections

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:38 pm
The authorities of the unrecognized republic of Donetsk decided to hold local elections separately from the Ukraine. In accordance with the decree, which is signed by the head of DNR Alexander Zakharchenko, the vote is scheduled for October 18, reports "Donetsk news agency".

Zakharchenko said that the DNI is the "independent state". The election, he said, marks the "completion of the process of nation-building" and will contribute to the international recognition of the republic.

October 18 residents of the unrecognized republic asked to choose the heads of city and district administrations. Later they will also be held the elections of village and township leaders. Complete the process is scheduled for the first half of 2016.

In Lugansk unrecognized republic similar vote is scheduled for November 1st. At the same time the head of Igor LC Carpenter noted that this would depend on the outcome of the negotiations on the peaceful settlement of the conflict. He admitted that the elections, in accordance with the Minsk Agreement, shall be carried out by Ukrainian law, but stated that such laws Ukraine "not provided".

In Ukraine, elections of local authorities scheduled for October 25th.

Ukraine's leaders recognized that "the occupied territories" (as they are called uncontrolled regions of Donetsk and Lugansk regions) to carry out the official election impossible. The president of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko opposed to separatists carried out there own choices. He called such plans a provocation and warned that this will be followed by "sanctions and increasing pressure."

The holding of local elections in the Donets Basin - one of the stages of settlement of the conflict, provided the Minsk Agreement. Ukraine insists that the elections in the territories beyond the control it must be conducted in accordance with the Ukrainian legislation, and after the withdrawal of illegal armed groups.

slon.ru In Russian

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Poroshenko responded to the fake elections

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:43 pm
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko considers it necessary to continue and extend sanctions against Russia in connection with the decision to hold illegal elections in Donbass.

"The president urged the world to the continuation and expansion of sanctions against Russia for the decision to hold elections in Donbass feykovyh" - wrote the spokesman president Svyatoslav Tseholko at Twitter.

As the press service of the state, Poroshenko during a meeting with members of the Political and safe Committee of the EU stated that the decision of the leaders of the so-called "DNR" and "FSC", which they received in coordination with Russia, to hold feykovyh, illegal elections 18 October and 1 November is a great danger Minsk agreements.

"Minsk process, which was launched on September 5 last year, was a very powerful blow fact of feykovyh elections on November 2 last year, and I want to mention the great danger posed by the decision to hold feykovyh elections of 18 October and 1 November" - quoted Poroshenko press -sluzhba President.

gazeta.ua In Ukrainian
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Over 70 countries support initiative to limit vetoes in UN Security Council

Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:08 pm
A total of 76 countries support the initiative to limit the veto rights of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council, Ukrainian Ambassador to the UN Yuriy Serheyev has said.

"Sixty-seven countries support the initiative to refrain form the right to veto in the UN Security Council when conflicts become severely violent," he wrote on his Twitter account.

interfax.com.ua In Ukrainian
interfax.com.ua In Russian
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Russian court sentences Tatar activist to three years in prison for criticism of the Kremlin

Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:14 pm
A Russian court in Tatarstan has sentenced Rafis Kashapov, a Tatar activist, to three years in prison on charges of “inciting ethnic hatred,” for criticizing Russia's military intervention in Ukraine and annexing the Crimean peninsula, according to Ukraine Today.

He was arrested in 2014 following publication of his article online criticizing Moscow's illegal annexation of Crimea, Ukraine Today reported.

unian.info
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Czech Republic will tomorrow issue of ratification of the EU-Ukraine Association

Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:14 pm
The Chamber of Deputies of the Czech Parliament tomorrow will consider the ratification of the Association Agreement between the European Union and Ukraine. It is stated in the agenda of the meeting on the website of the Parliament.

According to the press service of the Parliament of the Czech Republic, the government's draft on the ratification of the deputies will be considered on second reading.

Earlier, the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko said that the Ukrainian side hopes for ratification of the Association Agreement EU-Ukraine in the near future, the parliaments of Greece and Cyprus.

glavcom.ua In Russian
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty The president signed a decree on sanctions against Russia

Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:16 pm
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko signed a decree on sanctions against Russia. The press-secretary of the Head of State Svyatoslav Tsegolko.

"The president signed a decree on sanctions against Russia. In the near future he will appear on the site, "- wrote Tsegolko on Twitter.

Recall the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko during a meeting with members of the Committee and Security Policy of the EU said that according to the decision of the National Security Council on September 2, the expansion of the list of individuals and legal entities of the Russian Federation and other countries against which Ukraine is to apply economic sanctions and other restrictive measures, Ukraine imposed sanctions against more than 400 individuals and 90 entities of the Russian Federation.

Recall, September 10 at the National Security Council reported that the sanctions or restrictive measures against individuals and legal entities of the Russian Federation began to be introduced in Ukraine since March 2014. At present on the territory of Ukraine banned the entry of more than 1,700 Russian citizens.

glavcom.ua In Russian
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty In The Hague, will show the film Sentsova

Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:17 pm
The next week in The Hague will be showing the movie "Gamer" Ukrainian director Oleg Sentsova illegally convicted in Russia.

This was reported by the fund "Ukrainians in the Netherlands", says Ukrinform

"The movie" Gamer "is to support the Ukrainian director Oleg Sentsova as a protest against his detention", - stressed the organizers.

Films will be shown in one of the cinemas of The Hague - Filmhuis - September 23.

Formerly known Dutch director Jos Stelling made a demand to release Sentsova. On their support and demanding the release of illegally detained and convicted citizens of Ukraine also said the Slovak and Czech intellectuals.

In May, in France in the framework of the "Fortnight of directors" of the 68th Cannes Film Festival held a rally of solidarity with Sentsov. During the campaign appeals to the Russian authorities to release the director signed 108 directors and actors from different countries. Earlier release Sentsova urged filmmakers Pedro Almodovar, Agnieszka Holland, Wim Wenders and Mike Leigh.

glavcom.ua In Russian
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Ukraine for six months has reduced the export of goods to Russia by 58.7% and imports - by 61.5%

Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:46 pm
Ukraine in January-July 2015 has reduced the export of goods to the Russian Federation by 58.7%, while imports from Russia - 61.5%, informs the State Statistics Service of Ukraine.

According to the agency, the volume of Ukrainian exports to Russia for the first seven months of 2015 amounted to 2 billion 759 million 956.1 thousand. USD., And imports from the Russian Federation - 3 billion 471 million 485.3 thousand. USD.

Also add that the negative balance of foreign trade with Russia amounted to 711 million 529 thousand. USD.

Recall that for the 6 months 2015 Ukraine reduced export of goods to Russia by 59.4%, while imports from the Russian Federation - by 65.0%.

Add figures are excluding the temporarily occupied territory of the Crimea, Sevastopol and the part of the zone of the ATO.

glavcom.ua In Russian
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Ukraine imposed sanctions against more than 400 people and 90 companies of the Russian Federation - Poroshenko

Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:48 pm
According to the National Security Council on September 2, the expansion of the list of individuals and legal entities of the Russian Federation and other countries against which Ukraine applies the economic sanctions and other restrictive measures, Ukraine has introduced sanctions against more than 400 individuals and 90 entities of the Russian Federation.

This was stated by the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko during a meeting with members of the Political and Security Committee of the EU.

"This decision to expand sanctions takes place in coordination with our partners from the European Union, the United States and other countries, which provide a proper response to the annexation of the Crimea and the Donbas aggression," - said Poroshenko.

September 10 at the National Security Council reported that the sanctions or restrictive measures against individuals and legal entities of the Russian Federation began to be introduced in Ukraine since March 2014. At present on the territory of Ukraine banned the entry of more than 1,700 Russian citizens.

glavcom.ua In Russian
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Russia has fallen military helicopter Mi-24

Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:52 pm
Military helicopter Mi-24 fell at the airport at Vyazma, the crew survived, reports "Interfax".

"The helicopter fell to the ground while landing on Wednesday night at the airport at Vyazma," - said the source.

He also noted that the fall of the helicopter was seriously damaged and no longer subject to recovery.

glavcom.ua In Russian
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty The new sanctions have affected Ukraine Shoigu, Kadyrov, Kobzon and Kiseleva

Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:28 pm
The updated list of sanctions Ukraine among others included the head of the Russian Defense Ministry Sergey Shoigu, State Duma Speaker Sergei Naryshkin, the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, and a children's ombudsman Pavel Astakhov. It is stated in the decree, published on the website of the press service of President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko.

In addition, the sanctions have affected a State Duma deputy Iosif Kobzon, adviser to the Russian President Sergei Glazyev, the president of the Russian Academy of Sciences Vladimir Fortov, leader of the "Fair Russia" Sergei Mironov and Minister of Agriculture Alexander Tkachev.

In addition, the sanctions were Russian journalists, among them - the general director of MIA "Russia Today" Dmitry Kiselev, chief editor of "News - Kazakhstan" in cooperation with the agency RIA Novosti, Olga Kovalenko and representative of RIA Novosti news agency in Turkey Elena Palazhchenko.

Also in the sanctions list were leaders of militant breakaway Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republic - Alexander and Igor Zakharchenko Carpenter.

Earlier, Poroshenko said that the expanded list of sanctions imposed on the Russian National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, listed over 400 individuals and 90 entities. The decree, published on Wednesday, September 16, shall enter into force upon signature.

glavcom.ua In Russian
Sponsored content

Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources] Empty Re: Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Wednesday 16 September [Ukrainian sources]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum