UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS on your social bookmarking website

Go down
Admin
Admin
Administrator
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

Democrats block veterans funding bill as budget talks loom Empty Democrats block veterans funding bill as budget talks loom

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:58 pm
Democrats Thursday blocked the Senate from turning to a $78 billion spending measure for the Department of Veterans Affairs and military base construction. They and the White House argue that it's part of an overall GOP budget framework that shortchanges spending on other domestic programs.

The 50-44 vote fell shy of the 60 required to overcome a filibuster and came a day after Congress voted to forestall a partial government shutdown and keep Cabinet agency doors open through Dec. 11, buying time to try to reach a budget and spending pact.

The White House has issued blanket veto threats against every spending bill, saying they shortchange domestic programs while exempting the Pentagon from the return of automatic spending curbs that would otherwise freeze its budget. Republicans note that many Democrats supported the bills when they were considered by the Appropriations Committee...............

To read further go to this link: townhall.com

This REALLY burns my ass, as the health care I currently get is poor, via the VA.

Domestic programs? We all know what programs they are. Personal local projects for Senators that isn't connected to any kind of healthcare.

I as many other millions of verterans put our lives on the line so you can live in peace and live high on a hog, while we chanced losing our lives for you.

I still have to wait on average 2-3 months to get a doctor's appointment. If I have an emergency, I have to travel for one hour to the nearest hospital as I only have VA coverage. If I go to a local hospital, we must request to go to a VA hospital. Guess out of who's pocket that cost comes out of, for an ambulance?

One great personal example on how the healthcare is, last year I had a job injury and couldn't wait for Workers Compensation to approve me going to a local health center. I drove an hour away to Florida's Gainesville VA hospital. I received an x-ray. They told me it was arthritis and sent me home in pain. When I finally saw a Workers Compensation doctor, an MRI was done (March 2014) October I received surgery for a tear in cartilage. This past June 30th had a second surgery for labrum repair. My point is, the VA told me it was arthritis.  And I volunteered to protect these political scumbags. I don't care what party they belong to. As a Dem, I was in to protect all.

I'd like to know what kind of domestic programs are more important than a veteran's needs. Due to it's a volunteer military, as when I volunteered I was first drafted and didn't want to be in the infantry. If I ever had a son, I would tell him,
don't even think about it because your government will abandon you.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum