Alexis Tsipras’ shock proposal for a referendum on accepting a bailout deal has caused ripples throughout Europe.
In Germany, the news of a possible Greek vote has aroused scepticism in some, while others say handing the decision to the people could be a positive thing.
Paul Barkey, a passerby in Berlin gave his view on the situation:
“I think they’re pretty smart and know exactly what they’re doing by fooling the rest of the world,” he said. “I think it’s more impressive than anything else – not frightening or terrible.”
Robert Menke, disagreed with the plan for a referendum, saying:
“It is very sad for Europe that it is going to a referendum and that they (the Greek people) will now make a decision on Europe. In my opinion, this shouldn’t be happening. We’ve got to the final point, now. And we need to draw a line under this.”................
To read further at link: euronews.com
SCROLL UP OR DOWN FOR ADDITIONAL ARTICLES!
- Greek referendum proposal causes ripples in Germany (VIDEO REPORT)
- Results of the ballot counting 70% of the Greek referendum
- Putin and Hollande by telephone discussed the results of the Greek referendum
- No casualties and no shooter spotted at Washington Navy Yard (VIDEO REPORT)
- Am I seeing things? - Germany and EU to Legalise Paedophilia
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum