UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS on your social bookmarking website

Go down
Admin
Admin
Administrator
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Ukraine News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources]

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:11 am
WEDNESDAY

Please scroll to view news items added during the day.

HEADLINES:
NATO force ready to defend Ukraine.  Trump, Putin and a strange case of political infatuation. The head of the CIA made loud accusations against Russia. NATO angry "dangerous behavior" of Russian pilots in the skies over the Baltic.  Russia has approved the procedure for renunciation of citizenship of Ukraine.  "Strength in Partnership": US troops, Ukraine, Britain and four other countries will take part in the exercise "Worthy Partner 2017".  This year for road construction will send about 16 billion USD.  "In three years of war in Ukraine opened 60 new plants,".

WEATHER:
29c / 84f HI | RealFeel® 29c / 84f
Sunny
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty "Strength in Partnership": US troops, Ukraine, Britain and four other countries will take part in the exercise "Worthy Partner 2017"

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:14 am
"Strength in Partnership": US troops, Ukraine, Britain and four other countries will take part in the exercise "Worthy Partner 2017"

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Censor_news_big3

Multinational military exercise "Worthy Partner 2017" will start in Georgia on July 30.

"Strength in Partnership" - is the main motto of studies "worthy partner in 2017" taking place in Georgia for the third time. This time they will be wider scale. The exercise involved eight countries - NATO and partner countries: Georgia, USA, UK, Germany, Turkey, Slovenia, Armenia and Ukraine", - said the Georgian Defense Ministry, reports Tsenzor.NET with reference to Interfax-Ukraine.

As noted in the department, the purpose of the exercise - improving Georgia's defense and compatibility of military units of the partner countries with NATO standards, formation and development capabilities and a single regional partnerships, and improving logistics and operational aspects of planning and implementation.

Within the field exercise, participants will perform a variety of combat missions, the report said.

ua.censor.net.ua, Original in Ukrainian / на українському
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty This year for road construction will send about 16 billion USD, - Poroshenko

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:15 am
This year for road construction will send about 16 billion USD, - Poroshenko

President of Ukraine expressed hope that this year for road repair will send about 16 billion USD.

This Poroshenko said during a working visit to Sumy, reports Tsenzor.NET with reference to the channel " 112 Ukraine".

"I hope that tomorrow will be approved changes to the budget, which further enhance the investment potential, expand the experiment that was started by my law, when over-customs revenue as a result of fighting corruption point to build Ukrainian roads", - said the President.

"If the years 2015-16 it was the privilege of a few areas, then in 2017 I decided that we should extend throughout Ukraine. During the first 5 months of the amounts received over 300 million USD in the experiment on the roads. We believe that more than 16 billion just this year in Ukraine will be spent on roads where it's never been done,"- he added.

ua.censor.net.ua , Original in Ukrainian / на українському
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty NATO angry "dangerous behavior" of Russian pilots in the skies over the Baltic

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:21 am
NATO angry "dangerous behavior" of Russian pilots in the skies over the Baltic

Anxiety Alliance increases due to a series of confrontations in the airspace over the Baltic Sea between Russia and allied aircraft.

As Tsenzor.NET, writes about Politico referring to the representative of NATO.

In particular, the "dangerous behavior of Russian pilots during the interceptions." Also referred to a recent incident where a Russian fighter Su-27 reconnaissance aircraft approached the US RC-135 is just a few feet.

"There is always a risk that something goes wrong when the two opposing sides are at a minimum distance from each other. And this situation is not only in the airspace of the Baltic Sea, but also in the airspace of the Black Sea, along the border of Syria" - told Politico Military Committee chairman Gen. Peter Paul.

NATO officials spoke on condition of anonymity that the actions of Russian pilots will be presented for discussion at the upcoming meeting of the NATO-Russia Council on Thursday.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Trump, Putin and a strange case of political infatuation

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:23 am
Trump, Putin and a strange case of political infatuation

Oliver Stone’s film reveals more of the Russian leader’s dangerous charisma

I managed to beat Donald Trump by spending more time in the company of Vladimir Putin. Well, sort of. Over the weekend, the US president sat with Mr Putin in Hamburg for a two-hour meeting. I, on the other hand, listened to Mr Putin for four hours while lounging on my sofa, watching Oliver Stone’s lavish documentary on the Russian leader.

The strange infatuation that Mr Trump has with President Putin encouraged speculation of Manchurian candidate-like connections. After their first meeting, the attraction appears to have been reinforced. Not only did Mr Trump proclaim that it was “time to move forward” from Russia’s attempts to interfere in the US presidential election, he also revealed that the two leaders had discussed an “impenetrable cyber security unit” to prevent hacking, an improbable idea that received much deserved ridicule.

Mr Stone is afflicted with a similar crush on the Russian strongman. Over hours of filming, the interviewer and the president walk through multiple Kremlin offices, feed horses, watch hockey and sit through a screening of Dr Strangelove. They discuss everything from Mr Putin’s family to nuclear disarmament, military intervention in Georgia, Ukraine and Syria, and hacking the US election.

The questioning is, with a few exceptions, gentle; the fawning is always excessive. At times, Mr Stone looks like he can’t believe his luck. When he concludes the interview, he embraces Mr Putin. Along the way, he humanises the Russian leader, giving him room to explain his narrative of history and justify Russia’s provocations as a defensive response to western hostility. If his aim was to leave the viewer with the impression of victimisation, he does it rather well......................

Access complete text of the editorial:  ft.com In English
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty NATO force ready to defend Ukraine - deputy chairman of the European Parliament Lambsdorff

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:25 am
NATO force ready to defend Ukraine - deputy chairman of the European Parliament Lambsdorff

West is not ready to go on a power conflict with Russia in order to regain control of annexed Crimea in Ukraine.

As the Tsenzor.NET referring to DW , in an interview with Radio Liberty, said deputy chairman of the European Parliament, member of the Free Democratic Party of Germany Alexander Graf Lambsdorff.

However, the politician confirmed the position of the Western countries to recognize the annexation of Crimea by Russia, which, he said, was "absolutely and unequivocally illegal."

"It committed a gross violation of international law. We do not recognize Russia's actions in Crimea. This means that even if the actual return Crimea to Ukraine impossible, because no one wants escalation, from a legal point of view, we do not recognize Crimea Russian. It is absolutely clear lines. And almost the entire world holds this position", - said Lambsdorf.

This MEP said that he sees no willingness by the Kremlin to discuss the situation around Crimea.
Lambsdorf also noted that among the NATO no "no alert" in order to protect the interests of Ukraine.

"I see a willingness to stabilize the situation in Ukraine and promote its democratic development, its economic growth. But to guarantee compliance of Article 5 of the Statute of NATO, which considers an attack on one NATO as an attack on all Allies, I see willingness to this" - said the German politician in question, whether to accept Ukraine into NATO.

He added that the issue should be approached "with great patience and caution."

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty "In three years of war in Ukraine opened 60 new plants," - Poroshenko at the opening in Sumy

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:44 am
"In three years of war in Ukraine opened 60 new plants," - Poroshenko at the opening in Sumy

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] 640x427

In three years of war in Ukraine opened 60 new plants - a vivid evidence of the confidence of the foreign partners.

As the Tsenzor.NET with reference to the press service of the President, during his working visit to Sumy region president Poroshenko attended the opening of the plant LLC "Hualapak Ukraine."

Chairman of the Board of "PAK Gual" Michele Gual informed the President of production capacity and product samples. They also launched a new line with production.

"Today we have a great and solemn event - the opening of a new modern production is extremely important in Sumy. Production, which is powerful Italian investor decided to build it in our Ukraine", - he said during the inauguration of the company.

"In three years of war, during these ordeals in Ukraine opened 60 new plants. These rates of Ukraine did not know ever. This is a clear sign of trust from our partners. And it's not just trust in words - they are voting for the future of Ukraine hryvnia euro, dollar, pound. for they believe that such people did not win. Thank you for this faith and these investments", - he said.

Poroshenko said that today's reform efforts that began three years ago finally bring the first fruits. According to him, overfulfilled customs revenues and 85% of production will go abroad and only 15% of the products are consumed in Ukraine. This demonstrates the quality and competitiveness of Ukrainian products, sophisticated technology.

President also noted that he was pleased to hear the words of partners - investors that they finally have no problems with compensation VAT on exports, with the full support of the Ukrainian authorities decided to continue to maintain production capacity.

"In this example (" Gual PAC"- Ed.) I want to urge our international partners to actively invest in Ukraine", - said Poroshenko.

The President stressed that all this happens in war and aggression against Ukraine.

"But that does not stop believing in the future of Ukraine, Ukrainian effectiveness of reform. And we will vigorously pursue such reforms," - he said.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Russia has approved the procedure for renunciation of citizenship of Ukraine

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:46 am
Russia has approved the procedure for renunciation of citizenship of Ukraine

Russian State Duma adopted on second reading a bill on deprivation of citizenship of terrorists, which amended the special procedure of issuing Russian passports to Ukrainian citizens.

This was stated at the Duma.

For the document voted 404 deputies, no one opposed and two abstentions.

In amendments to the bill added an oath that foreigners have to take for admission to citizenship.

Besides Ukrainian to renounce his citizenship, do not provide a certificate from official agencies of Ukraine and a copy of the request for refusal of citizenship.

Previously, "Kommersant" reported that Russia wants to legalize public renunciation Ukrainian citizenship.

hromadske.ua, Original in Ukrainian / на українському
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty The head of the CIA made loud accusations against Russia

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:47 am
The head of the CIA made loud accusations against Russia

International nonprofit organization that publishes secret information taken from anonymous sources or if this information leaks WikiLeaks spying for Russia.

The head of the CIA, Mike Pompeo said during a speech at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, reports The Foreign Policy app .

According to him, WikiLeaks is "non-government, hostile intelligence services, spurred by such countries as Russia."

Pompeo also recalled the conclusions of US intelligence, who found that the Russian military intelligence used the portal to publish emails stolen after breaking servers Democratic Party in 2016.

In addition, the head of the CIA threatened "response" to the actions of WikiLeaks. He stressed that the portal can not cover their activities rhetoric about freedom of speech.

Earlier, the son of US President Donald Trump published correspondence with ambassadors "Prosecutor General" to obtain compromising on the presidential candidate of the Democratic Party Hillary Clinton.

apostrophe.ua/ua, Original in Ukrainian / на українському
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Russian fleet in Crimea raised the alarm and brought missiles, anti-submarine and mine-sweeping ships to sea

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:14 pm
Russian fleet in Crimea raised the alarm and brought missiles, anti-submarine and mine-sweeping ships to sea

In Russia occupied Crimea coastal and marine connections raised the alarm and the missile, anti-submarine and mine-sweeping ships out to sea.

This was reported in the Southern Military District of the Russian army, reports "RIA Novosti".

"During the events tested action on alarm units onshore connections fleet in the bases, the crews of ships moved to areas of military training grounds" - said in a statement.

Check in landfills in the Crimea and the Black Sea last few days.

Recall on Monday, July 10, started in Odesa Ukrainian-US military exercises "Sea Breeze".

espreso.tv , Original in Ukrainian / на українському

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty American thriller "DNR" raises money for the world's leading crowdfunding site

Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:48 pm
American thriller "DNR" raises money for the world's leading crowdfunding site

American Russell Bentley, who fought side Donbas militants collects on kraudfandynhovomu site Indiegogo money to separatists edition of "DNR"
Bentley already collected half of the required amount, according Indiegogo.

Bentley callsign of "Texas" looking for money to publish the book, which he wrote following the results of six months of service as a soldier battalion "NPT".

"I want to explain what we were doing and why. This book - not a" war story ". This is a story about people" - says the American fighter in the project description.

Donbass he got in December 2014, wanting to protect residents "DNR" of "Ukrainian war criminals." He openly admits that fought on the side of the militants at six months.

Giving an interview with US journalist Simon Ostrovsky of Vice in April 2015 Bentley said he did not return to the United States - because there it expects the arrest and serving a term for terrorism.

Posted July 13, 2017:
I was suspended temporarily by @Twitter, for tweeting with the proof that's shown that Bentley's a paid killer.  This is the tweet I tweeted. It's all about facts AND I forwarded it to the proper authorities.  
This is the version of United States violation of our constitutional right of freedom of speech. This isn't propaganda or fake news. Plain facts.
I have contacted so far, 6 attorneys that are experts at our constitutional rights. I'm going to take action against these media outlets that think they're too big to fail.  
I will NOT give-up the fight for my rights.  I'll fight, not only for my rights but for the right to freedom of Ukrainians.
The TWEET I was FORCED to delete is further at the bottom of this page, including the warning.
If you want the proper authorities to view this article, tweet it to @FBI @CIA @DHSgov  @Interpol @Interpol_usa @INTERPOL_HQ.
Слава Україна

Kraudfandynhovyy platform Indiegogo - one of the two major world platform in its field.

Given to me by @GlasnostGone

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Screen-Shot-2015-11-26-at-4.50.23-PM-1
Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Mqdefault
Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Maxresdefault
Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] CJPM40sWwAUim7j
Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Maxresdefault
Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Screen-Shot-2016-02-01-at-5.03.48-PM-1

espreso.tv, Original in Ukrainian / на українському  

This Putin puppet schmuck from Texas assisting killers of innocent men, women and children in Donbas.   After researching his background which I've forwarded to the FBI and the CIA, he's a known drug smuggler, let alone assisting child killers.  

This is the result of Putin infiltration in the US with his propaganda.  Brainwashing Americans and paying them to kill children.  If anyone see's him in Texas or anywhere else, immediately call the authorities.  There's plenty of proof showing the many laws against the state and against humanity to hang him on Maidan Square that I have forwarded, including those involved with assisting him in funding.  He's also a friend of another Nazi from the UK, Graham W Phillips, which has also been known to shoot at Ukrainians. Also have forwarded his info the Ukrainian SBU, so they can request his extradition to face Ukrainian courts. Then let's see if he survives a Ukrainian prison, them knowing what he's done.  Make this scumbag's life a living hell.

ALERT!! Boycott, report and ban: @Donbacc_Texac (Twitter)  www.russelltexasbentley.com (his Nazi site) and www.indiegogo.com (for helping him to raise funds for his criminal deeds, including killing people in Ukraine)

Is it illegal to be a mercenary?

Yes, it is illegal for a citizen of the US, UK, France, German, Austria, and some other nations to serve as a mercenary.
The Geneva convention defines mercenaries as meeting all of the criteria in Article 47 (2a) through (2f)
Art 47. Mercenaries
A mercenary shall not have the right to be a combatant or a prisoner of war.
A mercenary is any person who:
(a) is especially recruited locally or abroad in order to fight in an armed conflict;
(b) does, in fact, take a direct part in the hostilities;
(c) is motivated to take part in the hostilities essentially by the desire for private gain and, in fact, is promised, by or on behalf of a Party to the conflict, material compensation substantially in excess of that promised or paid to combatants of similar ranks and functions in the armed forces of that Party;
(d) is neither a national of a Party to the conflict nor a resident of territory controlled by a Party to the conflict;
(e) is not a member of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict; and
(f) has not been sent by a State which is not a Party to the conflict on official duty as a member of its armed forces.
Basically, a mercenary is pretty fucked if they are on the losing side, and even if they win .. they will have a difficult time in their own country if it is discovered that they were a mercenary in the strict definition.
Attachments
Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Attachment
snip_20170112094454.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(44 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:39 am; edited 12 times in total
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Creation of new pro-Russian group in PACE called into question

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:45 pm
Creation of new pro-Russian group in PACE called into question

PACE has put a brake on and even called into question the creation of a new "pro-Russian group" which called itself "Free Democrats," Europeiska Pravda reports.

"Free Democrats" in the PACE are considered a "pro-Russian and pro-Azerbaijani" group, since it must include deputies sympathetic to Moscow and Baku.

Europeiska Pravda obtained copies of documents suggesting that the group would see neither funding not committee posts, nor the right to claim leadership of the assembly.

The head of the "European Conservatives" faction said that the problem was revealed with the documents submitted by "Free Democrats" and informed representatives of the PACE Bureau.

Seven Turkish deputies, members of the pro-government Justice and Development Party, wanted to become "Free Democrats," while allegedly simultaneously filing statements of leaving the group of Conservatives, of which they had been members. However, e-mail correspondence with such notification sealed by signatures of the deputies of the "Turkish Seven" was received not from the deputies themselves, and not even from Turkey, but from the functionary of the Catalan Liberal Party, Susanna Rivero Baughman," reads the article...................

Access complete text of the editorial:  unian.info/politics In English
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Russian propaganda in Germany tries to portray Ukraine as "failed state" – German MP

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:54 pm
Russian propaganda in Germany tries to portray Ukraine as "failed state" – German MP

Russian propaganda affects popular moods and political system in Germany, and is trying to portray Ukraine as a "failed state", for the sake of which there is no sense in worsening relations with Russia, a deputy of the German Bundestag, member of the Foreign Affairs Committee, Mariluise Beck, told a Kyiv press conference, according to an UNIAN.

"Of course, we have Russian propaganda, we have a fairly large community of Russian speakers who read and watch Russian media, which, in my opinion, focus on the desire [for Germany] to restore friendly, warm relations with Russia," Beck said. According to the deputy, the Russian media advocate the view that because of Ukraine, which "does not complete political reforms (this is their opinion)," there is no need to "continue to deteriorate relations with Russia." "You cannot even imagine how sensitive our democratic system is, how much we depend on the moods of the population. This applies to all parties and factions. The deputies in their constituencies hear questions on why we are ready for such a conflict with Russia for the sake of Ukraine," Beck said....................

Access complete text of the editorial:  unian.info/politics In English
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Poroshenko named condition for the release of captive Ageev of the Russian military[

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:11 pm
Poroshenko named condition for the release of captive Ageev of the Russian military

Mother of caught Russian military Victor Ageev in the Donbas should appeal to Russian President Vladimir Putin to the unlock process of Ukrainian liberation of the hostages.

About this in his Facebook said the representative of Ukraine to the negotiations on the Donbas, the first vice-speaker of the Verkhovna Rada , Irina Gerashchenko , commenting on the appeal to the President Svetlany Ageevoy Petro Poroshenko .

"Mother of war criminal Ageev asks President Poroshenko pardon Ukrainians killer. And we, Ukrainians, require Putin to pardon Oleg Sentsov! Which has a birthday tomorrow. In that house, in the occupied Ageeva Crimea, two children and an elderly mother. We demand to pardon Aleksandra Kolchenko , which over the years have never allowed the ICRC, Nikolaya Karpyuka, which are waiting for a little boy and a young wife, Stas Klyha whose parents are seriously ill, Valentine Vygovskogo planted for anything Romana Suschenko, who has two children, the but also elderly parents,"- wrote Gerashchenko.

First Vice-Speaker of the Verkhovna Rada recalled that in May 2016 the relatives of Russian journalists killed in Donbas, appealed to Putin to pardon Hope Savchenko. The result was a launched Savchenko process of exchange for captured Russian commandos Yerofeyev and Alexandrov.

"The request to" Novaya Gazeta", which prints the appeal Ageev mother: Please advise her to appeal to Putin to pardon Ukrainians And that unlocks the process of freeing the hostages Maybe then the Russian Federation recognizes that Ageev and others like them, sitting in a Ukrainian prison!. - it is their military personnel lost their way"- Gerashchenko said.

As reported by the "Observer", 22-year-old Russian soldier Viktor Ageev, designed in the Altai Territory and served under contract in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, was captured on June 24 in the village of Groove Luhansk region.

The Russian Defense Ministry said that Ageev was reportedly fired in 2016 and is a career military personnel .

But in an interview with Ukrainian television Ageev admitted that it was sent to the "LC" of its military leaders.

In addition, he said the details of transfer of Russian military on their Donbas.

obozrevatel.com , Original in Ukrainian / на українському
Sponsored content

Ukraine  News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Re: Ukraine News in brief. Wednesday 12 July. [Ukrainian sources]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum