UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS on your social bookmarking website

Go down
Admin
Admin
Administrator
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

At the 2018 Olympics, the first case of doping was discovered Empty At the 2018 Olympics, the first case of doping was discovered

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:55 pm
At the 2018 Olympics, the first case of doping was discovered

At the 2018 Olympics, the first case of doping was discovered Ea6dc664bf188cf3f
Japanese short-track Kay Saito (right) during the 2018 Winter Olympics training, Gangneng, South Korea, February 6, 2018. Saito became the first athlete Igor, who failed the doping test.

At the Beijing Winter Olympics in Pyongchang, a short-track (skate race) team of Japan Kay Saito failed a doping test.

It is reported Reuters citing a statement of the Japanese team.

Saito did not pass non-competitive doping test and was eliminated from Igor.

Saito is a standby athlete who has not yet taken part in the competition. Having passed the analysis for doping, he received a positive result, which showed a masking agent in the body of an athlete.

Masking agents are used to cover forbidden doping.

This is the first case of doping during the South Korean Olympic Games, Reuters points out.

The publication notes that it is negative for Japan, which is preparing for the summer Olympics in 2020.

Representatives of the Japanese team said that Saito was checked several times after arriving in the village of athletes on February 4.

The athlete himself said that he was "stunned by the detected" and denied that he was taking doping. "I was trained to fight doping. I never received steroids, and I did not need to mask something, "said Saito.

Earlier it was reported that the IOC replaced 4,000 containers for overseas doping tests.

hromadske.ua    In Ukrainian/український
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum