UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS on your social bookmarking website

Go down
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive Empty Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:03 am
Last Sunday Admin sent me on a visit to Mezhyhirya, the madly extravagant estate of former President Viktor Yanukovich.
In Russian, the pronunciation is closer to Mezhygoriya.
The estate is located in the village of  Novi Petrivtsi. In fact, it makes up most of the village.
Novi Petrivtsi is located about a dozen kilometres north of the capital, Kiev.
When Yanuk commuted in to "work" the main road running north was completely closed off, much to the annoyance of all.
Near the estate are a number of quite opulent dwellings. Apparently Yatseniuk lives nearby also. But nothing compares even remotely to the Yanukovich estate.
One wonders why Yanuk didn't take a boat in to work. Very straight forward, to be honest.
Instead, he built a helicopter pad, and basically never used it, as he found out that he did not really get on with helicopters.

Advise -
Arrive early, especially on a weekend, if the weather is good.
Parking is easy at 0830 or 0900. Afterwards, it becomes more difficult. When I left nearer 1300 hrs there were cars and buses parked as far as I could see.
Turn your car around before parking. Easier to leave )

Photo of the entrance
(Notice, at this time in the morning, 0830, it is quiet. Theoretically the place opens at 0900. But I managed to get in early )) )

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6848

Map of the estate

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6846

Prices
(50 hryvnia, quite a bit for Ukrainians. 20 for children and pensioners.)

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6849

Ticket, front and back

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF7047

and  

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF7048

Last edited by Nelson on Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:04 am; edited 8 times in total
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive Empty Re: Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:04 am
After a few minutes walk in well manicured gardens, passing the zoo on your right, for the moment, you get your first view of the main house

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6855

The lake in front contains fountains, and also lots of duck-houses. There are also one or two buildings by the lake.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6952

To the right of the house is a small grotto in Greek style for barbeques. Looking out of the windows from the grotto, you get this view

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6858

Heading down below the house, you get these views, looking back

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6865

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6866

Last edited by Nelson on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive Empty Re: Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:04 am
To view inside the house you have to pay an extra 200 hryvnia. That is quite a bit. Ten dollars.
I had a peek through the curtains instead.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive 2015_06_07_09_12_51

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive 2015_06_07_09_14_13

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive 2015_06_07_12_10_09

Photos taken with a mobile. Sometimes only a small hole to peek through!

Last edited by Nelson on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:59 am; edited 4 times in total
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:05 am
Doing an anticlockwise walk around the estate, I headed down towards the river.
A wooded area with various walks, which Yanukovich probably never took.
Down at the river there are various areas fenced off for animals, rather like an American ranch.
The river itself is fenced off with an electric fence, as well as a standard metal one.
I then walked left - north - along the river bank to the infamous boat - galleon.
This walk - I realise now, from the times on the mobile took a good half-an-hour from the house.

You can rent a bicycle, or even an electric buggy, but I feel that the only way to see every inch of the estate, and grasp its obscene size, is by foot.

One of the paths leading down to the river

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6886

Clearly there were plans to extend the waterfall stream further down towards the river itself.
Here, hear the river, is a stone base with some meshing. But the plans weren't completed before Yanukovich took flight to Russia and Putin.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6888

Down at the river front, looking north towards the galleon in the distance. Note the electric fence.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6889

Fenced off areas for animals

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6893

Last edited by Nelson on Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:05 am
The infamous galleon, which is itself not really a boat, lies in an artificially created harbour. And to the otherside is a picturesque lake with fountains.
You can only now begin to start thinking - how much has it cost to create this - Yanukovich Disney land monstrosity?
And how many people had to stay living in poverty in Ukraine to finance this good friend of Putin?

On the approach to the galleon

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6895

Another view

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6897

The side view

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6899

And the front

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6900

And to the other side, an artificially created lake area with various small buildings, and fountains

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6905

Lots of ducks and duck houses. And a few swans

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6902

And further along, moving north-west, in the direction of what is known as the "Putler Dom", and also the mega-car-garage

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6904

Last edited by Nelson on Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:06 am
Walking back inland from the river, north west, you come to the Putler Dom - Putin's residence when visiting his fellow dictator, and just five minutes away, the massive car garage.
Apparently quite a large number of cars have been either stolen, or sold off, so - this is what remains.
You have to pay 30 hryvnia to view the cars. Debateable as to whether it is worth it, but I paid.

Various military vehicles -

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6906

including a Willy's jeep.
Strange - Putin - in the war against Ukraine - has made America the big enemy, according to the Russian press- propaganda.
And yet Yanukovich has several American vehicles in his collection.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6909

A collection of Zaporozhets - the small version

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6910

Various Soviet era cars. Notice that this is no ordinary garage. The building has several floors, but the cars here are on just one floor.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6911

Here a police car

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6912

with Soviet badge on the side

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6913

By memory, and without zooming in, an old Chaika

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6915

And here a Chevy

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6916

A 1950 two-tone colored Bentley

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6917

and this I think is an Audi. 1930s?

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6918

There were also a few motorbikes in the collection.

Last edited by Nelson on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:45 am
Walking a little further up the hill, you come to the "Putler Dom".
Unfortunately, when we got there we were not allowed too close because of some young journalists' conference or training session.

So there were the best photos I could take of Putin's place on the Yanukovich estate -

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6919

And a view from the woods

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6921

You can then walk up the hill from the Putin place, to the helicopter landing pad. Quite a walk. Quite steep.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6922

And then a little further along, the golf course.
I think it is nine holes. The tees are certainly incomplete, but the course is playable with only a little work needed to be done.
Frankly, I think somebody should open it.

This building, almost finished I would think was meant to house the equipment needed to maintain the golf course.
The grass quality is excellent. Very soft, and very green.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6923

Here the view from the front of a second building - perhaps a "little" clubhouse type structure.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6924

And here the view, in my humble opinion, looking down the final hole, towards the said "clubhouse", with the water hazard on your right, and a bunker on the left behind the green.
A dog-leg right.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6927

Last edited by Nelson on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:45 am
Of course, there are easier ways to travel around. Here somebody is having a tour in a golf-buggy.
This is the other side of the golf course, from which area you begin to approach the main house from the other side. Basically the north.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6929

And here the view as one moves towards the main house - in the distance - middle - of the photo.
The building on the left? Somewhere else for an afternoon meal? Your guess is as good as mine.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6931

And further along the artificial lake-pond ...
frankly, artificial is a good word for the whole estate... Nothing is really original - it is all some fake copy of something else... my opinion..

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6935

Looking back now, from the top end of the lake, next to the main house

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6951

And a little further up towards the main entrance, another building - presumably an Administration block? Who knows...

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6961

Last edited by Nelson on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:29 am; edited 4 times in total
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:46 am
Looking back at the main house, the sun striking the south side at mid-day.
I had now been walking for about 3.5 hours....

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6965

Some side gardens off the main path towards the entrance.
Would you want to have your wedding photos taken here?!

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6966

Finally back at the main entrance, but I beg my friends' indulgence to go on further, and visit the zoo-park...

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF7004

Last edited by Nelson on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:14 am
In the walk to the zoo-park there are various buildings, many for growing fruits and vegetables, as well as other areas outside for a variety of crops

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6970

Here one of the zoo buildings

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6971

Some of Yanukovich's near neighbours. These ones are famous for burying their heads in the sand.
This may be what Yanukovich himself did when one views how a typical Ukrainian lives... often with no gas, many places still without electricity, many without their own water.
The scale of this estate is simply obscene.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6978

Many different types of animals. I've know idea what the bird on the right is. It reminds me of an Ibis; an Egyptian bird on hieroglyphs...

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6982

And this ?

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF6990

Last edited by Nelson on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Nelson
Nelson
Moderator/Editor

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:37 am
On the walk back from the zoo park I indulged in an ice-cream. 20 hryvnia. A lot really, but it was 30C, and I was toasting under the sun.
In a supermarket ice-creams cost about 5 or 6 hryvnia.

Back at the entrance, and now, at nearly 1 pm the place was buzzing with people offering bicycles for rent, and hundreds of people arriving to view the house and surrounds.
Some coach parties. I noticed two from Chernigiv. Perhaps 2 hours drive away, north-east, I think.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF7005

Cars were stretched up as far as I could see - beyond the bend in the road. And I didn't go in the other direction, beyond the entrance.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF7006

Looking back at the main entrance, compare this photo with the first.
One taken at 0830, and now at 13.00.

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive DSCF7007

Thus endeth the UEN exclusive photo-report on Mizhyhiriya.
Just ONE of ex-President Yanukovich's houses in Ukraine.
Often, during he 4.5 hours I spent there, I was almost depressed, sad, at the revolting extravagance of it all, and this  -
this while your typical Ukrainian lives near the poverty level. The contrast was obscene.
A president who really cares for the people cannot live like this.
Yanukovich, we all know was a thug, a bandit as a child, and he grew up to be more of a thug, bully, rapist, wife-beater, and much more besides.
But this aside, the estate shows him to be anti-humanitarian, little better than an animal. Perhaps worse than many animal species.  
To build this place while your fellow citizens live in poverty, a pensioner perhaps on 50 bucks a month, is beyond normal human behaviour.
It is so primitive, as to highlight Yanukovich's true nature, and his utter lack of even some basic fundamental intelligence and human feeling.
Odessite
Odessite
Moderator/Editor

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:09 pm
Brilliant!

Thanks, Lord Nellie.

Loved the
Nellie wrote:To build this place while your fellow citizens live in poverty, a pensioner perhaps on 50 bucks a month, is beyond normal human behaviour.
It is so primitive, as to highlight Yanukovich's true nature, and his utter lack of even some basic fundamental intelligence and human feeling
for that was exactly how things were.

Change will take a long, long time. Poroshenko has to undo 24 years of continual thieving by so many people. Is human nature such that even today, it is so simple to pull the carpet out from under so many people's feet.

Ukraine missed a marvellous opportunity to become the success story of the break-up of the Former Soviet Union.
Admin
Admin
Administrator
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive Empty The court arrested the "Mezhyhiria"

Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:17 pm
Court in Kiev at the request of the investigator of the Prosecutor General has seized property of "Tantalite" - the residence "Mezhyhiria", where he lived escaped from the former President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych. This is stated in the judgment of 13 July.

We are talking about the arrest of property "recreation center and health", which is located on the street. Ivan Franko, 19, a house on the street. Ivan Franko, 18, "an array of Vyshgorodsky" house on the street. Mezhigorskaya, 123 st and 100% of the share capital of OOO "Tantalite" in the amount of 146.63 million USD.

Arrest for criminal proceedings and compensation for losses caused to the state.

Decision of the court is forbidden to use and dispose of any property residence "Mezhyhiria" and the corporate rights of "Tantalite."

Recall that in March last year, General Prosecutor's Office opened criminal proceedings on the fact of appropriation of state property in especially large sizes - a complex of buildings of a holiday home "Mezhyhiria" with. Petrivtsi Vyshgorod district of Kiev region, as well as the land on which the complex is located; financial transactions with the property that preceded the legalization (laundering), aimed at concealing or disguising the illicit origin of such property; obtain undue advantage in extra-large sizes.

In the framework of criminal proceedings announced suspected ex-President Viktor Yanukovych, the former founder and director of "Tantalite" Paul Litovchenko, ex-director of "Medinvesttreyd" Gennady Gerasimenko.

glavcom.ua: In Russian

Scroll up to view the photos taken by our editor, Nelson.
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive Empty The occupation authorities of Crimea recognize that many resorts this year not even started its work

Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:31 pm
The deputy head of the puppet administration Feodosiya Makar Makarov told about the deplorable state of health resorts of Feodosiya region. As the representative of the so-called authorities on the development of Theodosius as a full-fledged resort takes time

According to the "official" status of the camps in the occupied territories of Russia, now the poor. There are camps that do not open this year. But for the locals this is due to the alleged fact that the requirements of the Russian legislation to the medical and health institutions are much stricter than in Ukraine, and not all resorts can match them.

"Serious unit requirements of Rospotrebnadzor security, anti-terrorist measures, and while it's not respected to the letter, the camp is not open", - said the representative of the occupiers.

This Makarov emphasized camp "Sputnik", which is now in the Ministry of Defense Ministry of the country-occupier. Despite the fact that it requires minimal cost to get started, is now the camp is closed, according to a local news edition Theodosia "Kafa" .

"From the Ministry of Defence to do something in terms of property very difficult and time - said Makarov. - This budget, like that of the Ministry, there is no other, of the number of children that they can send to this camp - too. Take camp on the balance of the city seems to me not quite right."

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Mezhyhirya Residence - Yanukovich's extravagant house outside Kiev. A photo report (over 50 photos) - UEN Exclusive Empty To carry out the light in the occupied Crimea Russians will have to pay 43 billion. Rubles

Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:52 pm
"Russian Energy Agency" Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation held a tender for the design and construction of transmission facilities, and implementation of commissioning work within its federal target program "Socio-economic development of the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol until 2020".

According to information posted on the Russian portal of public services, the document "Notice of procurement with a single supplier (contractor, executor) on 16.07.2015 №0373100005115000018» was placed at 19:52 GMT, and at the same time the purchase is automatically transferred to the step "Define supplier (contractor, executor) is completed. " Entity-contractor, which is the sole executor of works on the state contract is not specified.

The agreement price is a little over 47 billion 300 million rubles. Term of implementation of works - from the date a state contract to 25 December 2020. All functions related to the powers vested in the customer's "Russian Energy Agency".

The construction of energy bridge in the annexed Crimea is conducted under the so-called "federal target program of development of the Crimea until 2020," contractor is a subsidiary of "Rossetti" - JSC "ECMC UES". This was stated at the end of March, Deputy General Director of "Rossetti" Dan Belenky. The customer is the "Russian Energy Agency". According to the fair, according to the "FTP" construction should be carried out until 2017, the second phase will increase the supply of up to 800-840 MW, reports RIA Novosti (Crimea)

Earlier, on the site kafanews.com reported that the so-called energy bridge in the occupied Crimea from the Krasnodar Territory "will work this year."

According to the Russian Fuel and Energy Minister Sergei Yegorov occupied Crimea, "is the direct disposal of Prime Minister - in December 2015, 350 megawatts to be launched in the Crimea," and "the summer of 2016 will be 800 megawatts, that is, all four lines will be introduced into operation."

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum