Like/Tweet/+1
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      




Bookmark and share the address of UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS on your social bookmarking website

Share
Go down
avatar
Admin
Administrator
Posts : 19678
Join date : 2015-05-20
Location : United States
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

Ukraine News. Tuesday 9 October. [Ukrainian sources]

on Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:57 pm
TUESDAY HEADLINES:
GRU operatives "directly involved" in takeover of city councils in Ukraine's Donbas region in 2014, - Bellingcat.  Russian ombudsman in the Yamalo-Nenets district: "There was no official statement to stop the hunger strike from Sentsov. He is starving too".  Explosions at ammo dump in Chernihiv region: about 10,000 locals evacuated, airspace closed.  Ukrainian delegates to the PACE did not allow Russian journalists to ask questions: singing anthem of Ukraine.  PACE did not find votes for changing the sanction rules for the RF.  Bellingcat identifies second Skrypal poisoning suspect: multiple trips to Ukraine, Transnistria in 2011-2018.  

WEATHER:
Kyiv, Ukraine
5c / 41f HI | RealFeel®️ 7c / 44f
Clear


===========================
SCROLL UP OR DOWN FOR ADDITIONAL ARTICLES!
avatar
Admin
Administrator
Posts : 19678
Join date : 2015-05-20
Location : United States
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

GRU operatives "directly involved" in takeover of city councils in Ukraine's Donbas region in 2014, - Bellingcat

on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:02 pm
GRU operatives "directly involved" in takeover of city councils in Ukraine's Donbas region in 2014, - Bellingcat



Bellingcat says Russin GRU military intelligence operatives were directly involved in the takeover of city councils and the fake idea of local defence units.

As reported by Censor.NET citing The Independent, one of Bellingcat investigators, Christo Grozev, held a press conference in the British Parliament after Bellingcat had named the second alleged Skripals' poisoner who arrived in Britain with a passport in the name of Alexander Petrov as Russian military doctor Alexander Yevgenyevich Mishkin.

On Monday, Bellingcat released preliminary details of its investigation after unmasking the first suspect as Anatoliy Chepiga, a military colonel who had been the recipient of Russia’s highest state award.

Mishkin was a military doctor before being recruited by the GRU and moved to Moscow under his cover identity around 2010.

After that extensive travel started, including visits to Ukraine during the peak of the Maidan protests. He was allegedly involved in military operations in Eastern Ukraine in 2014.

Mishkin was also named a "hero of the Russian Federation."

In the period 2011-2018, Alexander Mishkin traveled extensively under his new identity. Bellingcat has identified multiple trips to Ukraine and to the self-declared Transnistrian Republic, the last of which as late as during the Maidan events in Kyiv in December 2013.

Asked by a journalist from the Kyiv Post what they may have been involved with in Eastern Ukraine, Grozev said GRU operatives were "directly involved" in the takeover of city councils and the "fake idea of local defence units."

As reported, Russian ex-spy Sergei Skripal, 67, and daughter Yulia Skripal, 34, were hospitalized in critical condition after they were found unconscious on a bench in the Wiltshire city on March 4 but both have recovered after weeks in the hospital. The UK government says they were poisoned with a nerve agent of a type developed by Russia called Novichok and PM Theresa May said she believed Moscow was "culpable."

A couple who authorities said found the perfume bottle after it was discarded by the attackers fared worse: Charlie Rowley recovered after treatment in the hospital but his partner, Dawn Sturgess, 44, died on July 8.

In an interview to the state-funded RT, Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov, the two Russians charged with perpetrating nerve agent attack in British Salisbury have claimed they were visiting the town's "famous" cathedral as tourists.

Petrov and Boshirov have been charged with attempting to murder of former Russian spy Sergei Skrypal and his daughter Yulia in Salisbury in March by spraying Novichok nerve agent on the handle of their door. Scotland Yard have said these names are probably aliases.

A UK government spokesman rubbished the men's claims as "obfuscation and lies", while John Glen, the Conservative MP for Salisbury and South Wiltshire, called the statements "not credible".

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Russia knew the real identity of two men accused by British prosecutors of trying to murder Skrypal's and that they were civilians with nothing criminal about them.

Russia adamantly denies involvement in the poisoning, which had added to severe strains in ties between Russia and the West.

Putin's declaration came seven days after British authorities announced that they had charged two Russian men, identified as Aleksandr Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov, with carrying out the poisoning on March 4.

They accused the pair of smuggling the Soviet-designed nerve agent Novichok into Britain in a fake perfume flask and smearing some of the substance on the front door of Sergei Skrypal's home in the English city of Salisbury, where the former GRU officer settled after being sent to the West in a Cold War-style spy swap in 2010.

ua.censor.net.ua  In Ukrainian/український


===========================
SCROLL UP OR DOWN FOR ADDITIONAL ARTICLES!
avatar
Admin
Administrator
Posts : 19678
Join date : 2015-05-20
Location : United States
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

Russian ombudsman in the Yamalo-Nenets district: "There was no official statement to stop the hunger strike from Sentsov

on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:05 pm
Russian ombudsman in the Yamalo-Nenets district: "There was no official statement to stop the hunger strike from Sentsov



Hosted by the Kremlin, Ukrainian director Oleg Sentsov, who is in a penal colony in Labitnangi (Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug, Ya.N.A.), did not stop hunger.

This TASS on Tuesday informed the Commissioner for Human Rights in Yanao Anatoly Sak, reports Censor.NET.

Sentsov hunger strike on May 14 and since then was under the supervision of doctors. On October 5, deputy director of FSUE of the RF Valery Maksimenko said that Sentsov supposedly stopped fasting.

"Officially, I declare that there was no official statement to stop the hunger strike from Sentsov. <...> He... is starving," said Sak.

He added that Sentsov's condition was "relatively satisfactory". "Next time I plan to visit him in November, I will not go before," said Sak.

Recall that the FSB detained Sentsov in the Crimea in the spring of 2014, and subsequently took him to Russia. In August 2015, the Ukrainian director was sentenced to 20 years in prison for fabricated charges in organizing terrorist attacks and arson of party offices.

He is held in the "White Bear" colony in Yamal.

On May 14, 2018, Sentsov declared a hunger strike demanding release of all Ukrainian political prisoners.

On September 28, the press service of the Federal Penitentiary Service of the Russian Federation on the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug reported that Sentsov was taken from the prison to the city hospital for an additional survey and consultation. Given the results of the survey, Sentsov was "corrected treatment", assured the press service. Also on the site of the department was a photo director.

On October 5, Sentsov announced that he would stop the hunger strike the next day. He noted that if he continued, he would be forced to eat due to his critical condition.

ua.censor.net.ua  In Ukrainian/український


===========================
SCROLL UP OR DOWN FOR ADDITIONAL ARTICLES!
avatar
Admin
Administrator
Posts : 19678
Join date : 2015-05-20
Location : United States
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

Explosions at ammo dump in Chernihiv region: about 10,000 locals evacuated, airspace closed

on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:10 pm
Explosions at ammo dump in Chernihiv region: about 10,000 locals evacuated, airspace closed

Rescuers evacuated about 10,000 residents of the towns and villages around Druzhba village, the Ichnia municipality of the Chernihiv region, due to the explosions at the Defense Ministry’s 6th ammunition depot.

"The State Emergency Service received a report on fire and explosions at the 6th ammunition depot of the Ministry of Defense located near Druzhba village in the Ichnia district of the Chernihiv region at 3:40 on Oct. 9. The territory of the 6th arsenal is about 682.6 hectares including 402 hectares of the support area," the press office of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine said in a statement, Censor.NET reports.

Rescuers evacuated about 10,000 people from the danger zone.

"The airspace within a 20-km radius was closed at 4:22 a.m. Rail and road transportation was suspended," the agency said.

The incident command center has also been reportedly deployed. Units of the State Emergencies Service, the National Police and the National Guard have been put on alert. The Interior Ministry set up operational reserves from among the members of the National Police and the National Guard. An ambulance airplane and a helicopter as well as two Antonov AN32-P water-bombing aircraft are standing by.

The State Emergencies Service deployed 220 personnel and 60 pieces of equipment, 21 EOD squads consisting of 105 EOD experts with 39 pieces of equipment. 150 police officers from Kyiv and its larger area as well as 100 members of the National Guard have also been tasked to patrol the ammo dump vicinity on specialized armored vehicles.

ua.censor.net.ua  In Ukrainian/український


===========================
SCROLL UP OR DOWN FOR ADDITIONAL ARTICLES!
avatar
Admin
Administrator
Posts : 19678
Join date : 2015-05-20
Location : United States
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

Ukrainian delegates to the PACE did not allow Russian journalists to ask questions: singing anthem of Ukraine

on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:13 pm
Ukrainian delegates to the PACE did not allow Russian journalists to ask questions: singing anthem of Ukraine

Representatives of the Ukrainian delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of Europe sang the national anthem of Ukraine as a journalist at the Russian state television channel "Russia" tried to ask the delegate Borislav Berez.

The video was unveiled by Radio Liberty journalist Grigory Zhigalov.

On the video it is noticeable, which journalist is trying to ask a question to Boris Berez, but her words are hardly heard due to the anthem of Ukraine.



The anthem, in particular, was sung by Alexei Goncharenko, Vladimir Ariev, Irina Gerashchenko and Borislav Bereza..

Recall that on the evening of October 9, PACE refused to vote for a change in sanction policy towards Russia until January 2019. This means that Russia will not renew its participation in the organization by the end of 2018.

Also, in April 2014, after the annexation of the Crimea and the beginning of the war on the Donbass, Russia was deprived of the right to vote in the PACE. In protest, Russia refused to participate in sessions of the Assembly and ceased to pay membership fees.

hromadske.ua  In Ukrainian/український


===========================
SCROLL UP OR DOWN FOR ADDITIONAL ARTICLES!
avatar
Admin
Administrator
Posts : 19678
Join date : 2015-05-20
Location : United States
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

PACE did not find votes for changing the sanction rules for the RF

on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:16 pm
PACE did not find votes for changing the sanction rules for the RF

The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe at a meeting on Tuesday did not find a vote to change the sanction rules and postponed the decision on this issue for next year.

This is reported by "European truth".

The debate in the Assembly showed that there were no votes in the hall to change the sanction rules, as demanded by Russia - for this would have to have the support of two-thirds of deputies.

Failure to vote would mean that the resolution was "killed." To avoid this, the speaker, Peter de Sutter, suggested that the debate be discontinued. "I heard very emotional arguments, even anger (concerning attempts at" forgiveness "of Russia). There were constructive arguments, but we see that there are no votes, so I propose postponing the discussion until January," she explained.

99 deputies voted for the speaker's proposal, against 79, and 16 abstentions.

The Ukrainian deputies considered this summary of the vote as a success.

Earlier it was reported that RosSMIs were trying to provoke Ukrainian delegates on the pillars of the PACE.

espreso.tv  In Ukrainian/український


===========================
SCROLL UP OR DOWN FOR ADDITIONAL ARTICLES!
Sponsored content

Re: Ukraine News. Tuesday 9 October. [Ukrainian sources]

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum