UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS on your social bookmarking website

Go down
Admin
Admin
Administrator
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

US Air Force chief and candidate for defense minister Wilson resigns Empty US Air Force chief and candidate for defense minister Wilson resigns

Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:20 pm
US Air Force chief and candidate for defense minister Wilson resigns Censor_news_big3

Heather Wilson, who has served as United States Air Force head for 2 years, is preparing to leave office for the Career of the University of Texas.

About this Wilson reported on Twitter, informs Censor NET.

"Today I have informed the president that I will resign from the post of the head of the Air Force to become the president of the University of Texas at El Paso. It was an honor for me to serve with our pilots - I am proud of the progress we have made in restoring the readiness of the Air Force," - wrote Wilson.

This dismissal follows a different noisy resignation - Jim Mattis, who left the post of US Defense Secretary in December 2018 due to disagreements with President Trump. Matthew wanted Wilson to become his successor in the post of head of the Pentagon. Wilson could be the first woman to be the US Defense Secretary.

Both Wilson and Mattis advocated invested a lot of forces not in the fight against ISIL, but in NATO's cooperation and competition with Russia and China. She wanted the US Air Force to grow 25% over the next 10 years, according to Wilson, would have outpaced Moscow and Beijing.

"Everyone she talked to wanted her to stay, but she believes it's time to take a new challenge," said an unnamed US official with Reuters.

Successor Wilson must perform a number of complicated tasks, in particular - to create the United States Space Force.

censor.net.ua  In Ukrainian/український
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum