UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS on your social bookmarking website

Go down
Admin
Admin
Administrator
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

Denver police shoot and kill a mentally ill Native American man holding a knife to his own throat Empty Denver police shoot and kill a mentally ill Native American man holding a knife to his own throat

Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:19 pm
Denver police shot and killed a Native American man earlier this month after his mother called for help during a mental health emergency.

Paul Castaway, a Rosebud Sioux Tribal Citizen, had battled schizophrenia and drug and alcohol addiction for years.

His mother, Lynn Eagle Feather, said she could usually calm her son down when he had a crisis, but she sometimes needed help from police — as she did July 13 when Castaway threatened her with a knife.

Eagle Feather said her son was only trying to scare her, and he repeatedly struck himself in the head with the weapon in frustration.

“I told [police] that my son was mentally ill, I tell them that every time I call,” she said. “I just asked for help. Instead they killed my son.”

Officers said Castaway stabbed his mother in the neck, but she said she suffered a small cut when her son held a knife to her throat.

Police said he got “dangerously close” to them with the weapon, and officers opened fire — killing the 35-year-old Castaway.

But witnesses and surveillance video tell a different story.......................

To read further go to this link: rawstory.com

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum