UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS on your social bookmarking website

Go down
Admin
Admin
Administrator
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

Savchenko - Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources]

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:10 am
MONDAY

Please scroll to view news items added during the day.

NEWS:
Odesa Governor Saakashvili announces resignation.  Odesa region’s Police Dept chief resigns. U.S. army to continue supporting Ukraine no matter who is elected president - Gen. Hodges.  Russian drone retrieved from Azov Sea near Mariupol coast.  Novikov's lawyer admitted that some evidence of protection in case Savchenko falsified.

WEATHER:
Kyiv, Ukraine
13c / 55f HI | RealFeel® 13c / 37f
Precipitation 70%
Episodes of sunshine with a brief shower or two; mild

Last edited by Admin on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Savchenko - Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Novikov's lawyer admitted that some evidence of protection in case Savchenko falsified

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:14 am
Novikov's lawyer admitted that some evidence of protection in case Savchenko falsified

Savchenko - Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources] 74_main

The lawyer declined to detail evidence of forgery in the case Savchenko

Attorney Ilya Novikov said that some evidence of protection in the case of Nadia Savchenko had falsified data. He said this in an interview with "Commander".

According to Novikov, nor Mark Feigin, Nikolai Polozov or with whom he fell out , do not know who, when and why did the falsification. "What proof protection in this case had a falsified data? Who committed fraud when, why and how we correct the situation before the end of the trial? And the question they do not know the answer, "- said the lawyer.

He stressed that "not to think that this story was originally a kind of false allegations." "There was evidence which pohimichyly though I was against it. Because no one noticed and said about it, it is gone. But I can say that we have fixed this nonsense. To say that we have based some of his theses on false evidence, we can not "- said Novikov, refusing to detail the fact of falsification evidence in the case Savchenko.

He only said that it was before the conflict with colleagues. "It was while working. My colleagues never ignorant in the subject search of evidence, they left in search for work around the brackets. If you realize that this would be better to tell, are great. But they do not know all the details, but I know and I can comment on is better than them "- said Novikov.

glavcom.ua In Ukrainian / на українській мові

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Savchenko - Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Odesa region’s Police Dept chief resigns

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:19 am
Odesa region’s Police Dept chief resigns

Head of the National Police Department in Ukraine’s southern Odesa region, Giorgi Lortkipanidze, has said in his Monday address to the city residents that he is leaving the post, according to an UNIAN correspondent.

"I have decided upon my own initiative to write a letter of resignation... It was an honor for me to work as police chief in Odesa region," Lortkipanidze said. He wished good luck to every police officer, with whom he walked along the way "full of difficulties".........

unian.info
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Savchenko - Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources] Empty U.S. army to continue supporting Ukraine no matter who is elected president - Gen. Hodges

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:22 am
U.S. army to continue supporting Ukraine no matter who is elected president - Gen. Hodges

On a three-day visit to Ukraine, which concluded Saturday, Gen. Ben Hodges, the commander of the U.S. Army Europe, fielded questions from Ukrainian soldiers and reporters about the future of the U.S. presence in that country and elsewhere as Washington is seeking to reassure allies and partners that the U.S. remains committed to the continent, amid questions arising ahead of the presidential election, The Washington Street Journal reported.

Gen. Hodges repeatedly emphasized that support in Congress for Ukraine has been bipartisan and stability in Europe is unquestionably in America’s economic and national-security interests, according to WSJ. Speaking to reporters in Lviv, Gen. Hodges noted that supporting Ukraine with non-lethal military assistance has received bipartisan support in Congress. “No matter who is president. No matter who controls Congress, the United States is always going to be interested and need security and stability in Europe,” Gen. Hodges said.

Gen. Hodges and other U.S. military leaders were in Ukraine reviewing the international training effort and the overhaul of its military medicine. A range of U.S. military officials have noted they have taken a number of steps to demonstrate a renewed commitment to European defense, including the decision to send an armored infantry brigade to the continent early next year, build up stocks of military equipment and to participate in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization buildup of forces in Poland and the Baltic States..................

Access complete text of the editorial:  unian.info In English
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Savchenko - Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Russian drone retrieved from Azov Sea near Mariupol coast

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:25 am
Russian drone retrieved from Azov Sea near Mariupol coastl

Savchenko - Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources] 1478509068-4374

The Mariupol marine patrol has found a Russian-made Orlan-10 UAV in the waters of the Azov Sea, according to the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine.

The UAV was drifting into the sea at a distance of about three kilometers from the shoreline.......

unian.info
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Savchenko - Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Head of Odesa Saakashvili resigns

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:29 am
Head of Odessa Saakashvili resigns

"I do not want to leave their fate from Odessa, but I decided to resign," - said Saakashvili

Head of Odessa Regional State Administration Mikheil Saakashvili decided to resign. Such a statement he made today, 7 November, convened a press conference.

"I do not want to leave their fate from Odessa, but I decided to resign," - Saakashvili said.

He assured that the fight against corruption in Ukraine will continue, and Odessa develop only after the win corruption in the capital.

Recall now also resigned as head of State Natspolitsiyi in the Odessa region Giorgi Lortkipanidze.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Savchenko - Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Putin responded to the statements about raising combat readiness of NATO

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:44 am
Putin responded to the statements about raising combat readiness of NATO

Peskov called "do not forget that the organization was not created for peacekeeping, namely for aggressive actions"

A spokesman for Russian President Dmitry Peskov called the NATO statement about raising combat readiness "hundreds of thousands of war" against the backdrop of growing tensions with Russia evidence of "aggressive nature" organization sends "RIA Novosti" .

"Such statements NATO Secretary General once again just indicate the aggressive nature of this organization," - said the press secretary of the Russian president. Peskov called "do not forget that the organization was not created for peacekeeping, namely for aggressive action."

Thus the Kremlin representative said that Russia for national security act within their national borders. "And these actions are certainly no threat to anyone else," - he said.

Recall NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said that NATO will move hundreds of thousands of its troops on high alert in response to the aggression of the Russian Federation.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Savchenko - Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources] Empty The Daily Vertical By Brian Whitmore (VIDEO report): Pot, Meet Cyber-Kettle

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:19 am
The Daily Vertical By Brian Whitmore (VIDEO report): Pot, Meet Cyber-Kettle

rferl.org
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Savchenko - Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources] Empty "I am very tired of it." Saakashvili explained why retired

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:09 am
"I am very tired of it." Saakashvili explained why retired

Saakashvili said that so tired work

Mikheil Saakashvili said that resigns because tired to fight corruption in Ukraine.

"We see that the forces attacking all progressive regression. We see that all new initiatives are driven in the bud. And all this is before the eyes of all Ukraine. What kind of work when I have to, as some Mongolian Khan, put up tents to laugh the whole world on the road, coming to work in tents and beat pittance on these roads not repaired so many decades! While they publish declarations where more money than it would take only cash to repair all the roads and make European roads in this and other areas is "- in particular, Saakashvili said in a statement.

"It did not work. And to me it is very tired. I am very tired of this, "- he added.

Recall, today, 7 November, convened a press conference , Saakashvili said that he decided to resign.

"I do not want to leave their fate from Odesa, but I decided to resign," - he said.

Saakashvili said that the fight against corruption in Ukraine will continue, and Odessa develop only after the win corruption in the capital.

Among the main contenders for the post of Odesa Oblast State media called the first deputy head of the faction "Block Poroshenko" Igor Kononenko and First Deputy Head of Presidential Administration Vitaliy Kovalchuk.

A spokesman Darin Siskin Saakashvili said that her boss gave all documents to dismissal of the head of the Odesa Regional State Administration .

Now Saakashvili should resign meet President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Savchenko - Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Journalists considered some as Saakashvili promises fulfilled as governor of Odesa region

Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:11 pm
Journalists considered some as Saakashvili promises fulfilled as governor of Odesa region

Several projects, which declared Saakashvili in the process of implementation

Head of the Odesa Regional State Administration Mikheil Saakashvili, who today announced his resignation, the head of administration of a completed 14 of 34 their promises. The results of the monitoring of the head of the Odesa region, conducted by the portal "words and deeds".

In the course of 14 are also promises remain unfulfilled 6 policy intentions.

Among the most important promises made Saakashvili during his activities - the creation of administrative service center in Odessa, reception of citizens and business meetings in a tent on the route Odesa - Reni, the installation of checkpoints in Mariupol for the unit "Storm".

In addition, the head of asset administration recorded what he called the names of corrupt officials and not moved to the government, as promised.

In the category of unfulfilled promises Saakashvili noted an open competition for the post of head of the regional Customs promise Odesa airport open in spring 2016 to launch electronic customs work from 1 March 2016, and the appointment of Chief of Social Policy of the number of volunteers.

In the stage performance promises are head of the region to build a new runway at the local airport to the fall of 2017, the transfer of confiscated bicycles to children, creating the first center of customs administration and others.

As reported today, November 7, at convened press conference  , Saakashvili said that he decided to resign.  "I do not want to leave their fate from Odesa, but I decided to resign," - he said.

Saakashvili said that the fight against corruption in Ukraine will continue, and Odessa develop only after the win corruption in the capital.

Among the main contenders for the post of Odesa Oblast State media  called the first deputy head of the faction "Block Poroshenko" Igor Kononenko and First Deputy Head of Presidential Administration Vitaliy Kovalchuk.

A spokesman Darin Siskin Saakashvili said that her boss  gave all documents to dismissal of the head of the Odesa Regional State Administration .

Now Saakashvili should resign meet President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Savchenko - Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Putin denies of involvement in the assassination of the prime minister of Montenegro

Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:16 pm
Putin denies of involvement in the assassination of the prime minister of Montenegro

Peskov said that Russia has to do with the attempt on the head of the Government of Montenegro

Russia has no relation to the preparation of the assassination attempt on the Prime Minister of Montenegro Milo Đukanović and attempted coup in the country, said a spokesman for Russian President Dmitry Peskov. According to him, from Montenegro have not received any official requests related to the investigation of coup attempts.

According to "Interfax" the Russian diplomatic mission in Montenegro also said they did not receive from local authorities any official messages.

As reported in Montenegro said they thwarted an attempt on Prime Minister Milo Đukanović. According to prosecution Montenegro group intended to kill Dzhukanovicha to pro-Russian opposition, which has enough resources to win the election, was able to seize power in Montenegro. "The authorities found that the criminal group was formed in the territory of Montenegro, Serbia and Russia with the task to carry out acts of Terrorism" - said spetsprokuror to combat organized crime Mylyvoe Katnich.

Sponsored content

Savchenko - Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources] Empty Re: Ukraine crisis. News in brief. Monday 7 November. [Ukrainian sources]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum