UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of UKRAINE ENGLISH NEWS on your social bookmarking website

Go down
Admin
Admin
Administrator
http://www.ukraineenglishnews.com

German historian sues Russia for being called an extremist Empty German historian sues Russia for being called an extremist

Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:45 am
German historian Sebastian Stopper sues Russia in the European court of human rights as his academic research was labeled extremist.

Censor.NET reports citing Ukrinform.

Young scientist don't agree that his scientific works were included in the Russian Federal list of extremist materials. Stopper refuses to return to Russia for research because of fears of criminal prosecution.

The court in Bryansk decided that in entries in his blog Stopper is justifying the actions of the German occupiers and belittles the importance of partisan military operations in Bryansk. According to the Court, "it may contribute to the formation of the readers of negative attitudes towards social ideals and spiritual values ​​(heroism of ancestors, respect for veterans of the guerrilla movement and their military services) that exist in today's society, the history of the Great Patriotic War in general and partisan movement of the Bryansk region in particular, adversely affect the social and individual consciousness, outlook, on the process of socio-cultural identity of youth and its contents from the older generation. " Soviet District Court of Bryansk recognized that Stopper notes are an extremist on Nov.5, 2013. In April 2014 they were included in the federal list of extremist materials.

"In any case, I know that I am not an extremist. And I do not share an extremist views. In particular, I'm not justifying the actions of the German occupiers or punishers", Stopper said.

Sebastian Stopper studying guerrilla movement in the Bryansk region. He managed to find in the German archives in Russia and pass the famous diary of Bryansk underground resistance member and partisan Vaya Safronova, materials about the shooting in Khatsun, documents of guerrilla commander Alexander Vinogradov.

Based on his research in 2012 he defended his thesis in Berlin. "Of course there was nothing justifying Nazi war crimes," Stopper said. But the real reason his research ruffled feathers in Russia was because it challenged previous claims about the partisans' effectiveness, long accepted as facts in Russian histories.

censor.net.ua In Russian
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum